The intuitive new BlackBerry 6 OS includes a rich graphical interface and new touch menus for quick access to your next action or needed application. It includes a set of pre-loaded apps to get you started, including Bloomberg, ESPN, The Weather Channel, and Slacker Radio content in addition to Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and more. It also includes Universal Search, group messaging for collaboration, and AT&T's Web Video Search--a unique new app that searches video content from over 70 major Internet video Web sites.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music, and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and email, or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions. See more details on optional AT&T services below.
And with its built-in Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11 b/g/n), you'll be able to access home and business networks, as well as enjoy seamless connectivity at over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots, for no additional cost (with qualifying AT&T smartphone plan).
In addition to its advanced messaging capabilities and access to business and productivity applications, the BlackBerry Torch also includes a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with continuous auto focus and image stabilization. It comes with 4 GB of internal storage plus an included 4 GB microSD memory card for 8 GB of storage right out of the box. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, media sync capabilities with iTunes and Windows Media Player desktop software, and up to 5.8 hours of talk time.
- Tri-band 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900/2100 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability) and quad-band EDGE support for the option of voice service in more than 220 countries; data service in more than 195 countries and 3G connectivity in more than 125 countries--including Japan and South Korea.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide (requires qualifying AT&T smartphone plan).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service include audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- 3.2-inch touch-enabled display with 360 x 480-pixel resolution, 65K color depth, light sensor, proximity detection, and accelerometer
- 35-key full QWERTY backlit slide-out keyboard designed to feel optimally balanced when open for typing.
- Optical trackpad makes navigation fast and smooth
- BlackBerry 6 OS retains the familiar BlackBerry features while adding fresh, powerful new tools to your mobile communications arsenal.
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- Powerful 624 Mhz processor
- 5-megapixel camera with flash, continuous auto focus, image stabilization, scene modes, geo-tagging, and zoom
- Video capture capabilities at up to 640 x 480-pixel resolution
- Multi-format digital media player compatible with Windows Media DRM 10 for music and video plus MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, FLAC, MPEG4, and H.264.
- Wi-Fi Music Sync allows you to view your entire iTunes or Windows Media Player music libraries, create and edit playlists, and select music for download. When connected to the home Wi-Fi network (or via USB), the changes are synced with iTunes or Windows Media Player and the songs are automatically downloaded to the smartphone.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 4 GB internal storage
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Integrated access to the BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace
- Text and multimedia messaging includes group messaging with "reply all" functionality for up to 10 contacts plus new Locations feature.
- Rich WebKit-based browser renders HTML web pages (as well as HTML email) quickly and features tabs for accessing multiple sites simultaneously. You can also double-tap to zoom, intelligently wrapping text in a column while maintaining the placement of key elements.
- Voice activated dialing
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
The BlackBerry Torch weighs 5.68 ounces and measures 4.37 x 2.44 x 0.57 inches when closed (5.8 x 2.44 x 0.57 inches when open). Its 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.8 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus 2100 MHz overseas 3G networks.
What's in the Box
BlackBerry Torch handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 4 GB microSD memory card, wired stereo hands-free headset, USB cable, polishing cloth, quick start guide, BlackBerry User Tools CD-ROM
BlackBerry 6 OS
The BlackBerry 6 OS features a redesigned interface that seamlessly works with both touchscreen and trackpad, includes expanded messaging capabilities with intuitive features to simplify the management of social networking and RSS feeds (Social Feeds), and provides integrated access to the BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and a variety of instant messaging applications. And its enhanced multimedia experience includes a dedicated YouTube app and Podcasts app.
Messaging has always been a core element of the BlackBerry smartphone experience. With BlackBerry's push email technology, your email will find you without having to initiate a connection. And with the new Text Messages application on the BlackBerry Torch, with support for AT&T's next-generation messaging experience, you'll enjoy group messaging with "reply all" functionality for up to 10 contacts and AT&T's Locations feature.
Locations lets you easily search for points of interest, businesses, and even the your own location, and insert this information directly into a message--all without leaving the messaging application. Using group messaging and locations together, you can arrange to meet a group of friends easily by sending one message to all of them, discussing together where to meet and then sending a map in one threaded conversation.
Rich PC-like Web Browsing
Enjoy a full-fidelity, desktop-like browsing experience with the revamped BlackBerry Web browser, which includes intuitive motions like pinching and zooming, and tabs that let you swap between multiple Web pages.
Looking for something? The new universal search feature scans your folders, apps, Internet, email, music, videos, and more all in one search and doesn't stop until it finds what you're looking for.
Multitasking Made Easy
Multitasking is just another one of those things BlackBerry has been doing right from the beginning. Now Research In Motion (RIM) has gone a step above with multi-connectivity, meaning your apps stay connected whether you're using them or not. Regardless of what you're doing, emails, messages, updates, and notifications keep coming through.
All Media, All The Time
With BlackBerry 6, the multimedia experience has been completely overhauled, enabling you to carry, watch and share your videos, pictures, files, and more. With Remote Media Sync you can now access your home music library right from your BlackBerry smartphone. Scrolling through your music is as easy as swiping through album art, and you can watch and subscribe to podcasts that are pushed to you as soon as they become available.
For corporate users, this BlackBerry device delivers all the enterprise email and messaging capabilities you've come to expect. It's supported on the BlackBerry Internet Service, giving you access to up to 10 work or personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts), as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, and Novell GroupWise environments.
|High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.|
Additionally, this phone is compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries, and wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries, as well as access ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
|The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.|
|AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal.|
|AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so.|
Sign up here with your email